Website marzeelabs Marzee
tailored web solutions & outstanding web experiences
Marzee is a web development agency architecting, designing and building impactful web experiences. We empower organisations worldwide by providing solid tech support and business vision. We are proud to be in the frontier of technology and to be able to guide our clients towards the future of digital transformation.
Since 2012, we have been working with companies and organisations worldwide in developing web applications and platforms and in the evolution of their digital portfolio. We work with startups such as Clutch, Curelator and Discriminology, as well as with international organisations such as the United Nations, ARTE.TV and the European Forest Institute.
We are a small team of passionate people striving to impact people’s lives. We believe in people’s potential and seek out well-rounded professionals who want to have the chance to learn something new every day and help organisations worldwide to have an impact. We love working on projects that make us feel we are doing something that matters to someone.
Life comes before work, and we ensure that everyone in our team finds the right balance between work and personal life. We will make sure you take time for your hobbies and side projects. You will also be able to choose the best place to work, whether at your home, at your favourite coffee shop or in a coworking space.
Our tech stack
We work with different technologies depending on the projects’ goals and needs. In general, we have been working with the following tech stacks:
- PHP-based Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal and WordPress.
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Netlify, PlatformSH, Vercel and others.
As part of our team, you will
- Take part in cool, big, international and technically exciting projects.
- Collaborate with teammates in a remote and distributed environment
- Work closely with diverse development teams to help steer the technical direction of the projects Marzee is involved in.
- Work alongside our Head of Tech in code reviews, technical architecture and infrastructure setup.
- Plan and build Serverless infrastructures.
- Learn how to be a better developer, way beyond the code you produce.
- Explore exciting new web technologies outside client work’s scope, and bring back value to the team and the tech community.
- Attend events, meetups, conferences and access to top-notch training material.
Quality is key for us and we are looking for someone that has the following set of skills and experience
- WordPress experience and PHP programming knowledge.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and get involved deeply.
- Experience in programming and software development.
- Passion for clean, high-quality, maintainable and performant code.
- A curious nature and a desire to stay up to date with the newest web development technologies and approaches.
- HTML5 and CSS3 fundamentals for proper markup (cross-browser).
- Self-motivation and working independently, but good at collaboration, decision making and working with others.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written at a high level in English.
What we seek as a bonus:
- Database (MySQL, GraphQL) administration.
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Netlify, platform.sh)
- An “eye” for design.
- Ability to think about the editorial experience
- Experience working in Agile Environments.
- Continuous integration & delivery (CD/CI).
We treat our team very well
- Flexible schedule: life comes before work – we all have families, hobbies and side projects.
- We measure work in goals and quality of delivery, not in the number of hours you are sitting in front of your computer.
- We value your growth; this is why the learning time is important to us as part of your work.
- We will be sending you to conferences and off-sites, amongst other goodies.
- We value diversity in the Marzee team (see our manifesto).
- The yearly salary range for this position goes from €25k to €32k, depending on your experience.
- We have a flexible vacation policy.
- You will be able to join us at the coolest coworking spaces in Portugal or work from Home or even adopt a Hybrid approach. It’s up to you.
Are we fit for each other?
In your application email, as well as attaching your CV/Portfolio, please also answer the following questions:
- Do you have an example of a website you’ve built/been involved with using WordPress?
- What is your favourite tech for the web?
- What is your IDE/editor of choice and your typical development tools/environment?
- What is the operating system you use the most?
- What areas of your current skills are you most interested in improving/developing?
- Why do you want to work with us?
- What is your available start date?
- What are your salary/package expectations?
Applications should be received by 20/07/2022.
Successful applicants will have a remote interview and then a small challenge
Ideal start date: August 2022, but we can wait for you if you’re the right fit.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com