At WOW Digital we create high performance custom solutions for our customers in multiple industries.
To do this we need your help maintaining the hundreds of WordPress sites in our inventory, adding new features, building custom themes & plugins and making sure everything functions as it should both from a security and performance perspective.
You may find the role requirements below, but even if you think you don’t meet all the criteria but would still be interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box. We prefer working with individuals with a good cultural fit, helping them develop in the areas where they might not be so strong in (provided they are interested in doing so).
• Designing and implementing new features and functionality
• Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
• Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
• Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
• Design, implement and manage websites using WordPress
• Collaborate with members of a creative team
• Manage front-end and back-end website development
• Create WordPress plug-ins and themes
• Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code
• Troubleshoot and resolve website problems for clients and co-workers
• Stay abreast of new developments in software, trends, and practices
Skills and Qualifications
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
• Comfortable working with debugging tools like Chrome inspector, Firebug, etc.
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN
• Strong understanding of front-end and back-end website development
• Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
• Strong understanding of MySQL databases;
• Proficiency using WordPress
• Keen attention to detail
• Experience with responsive and adaptive design
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a preference for a computer science related field
• 2+ years’ experience with WordPress related technologies – mostly as part of a development team
• Knowledge of and/or experience with the WordPress editor Gutenberg
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Team spirit and good communication skills
• Passionate about self-improvement and web technologies
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
• Experience working remotely
• Good level of English
• Problem solver thinker
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com